Saturday, September 12, 2009

14 Tapping for Codependency Recovery Statements




14 TAPPING FOR CODEPENDENCY RECOVERY Statements

Here are some great new choices for codependency traits. Works best with Tapping but even without Tapping it makes you feel good just reading the list. We're so used to just seeing how dysfunctional we are that it's a nice change to see we have a positive place we can heal and grow towards. That we do have a choice and that we do really change as a result of recovery. I never thought it was possible but more and more I see that I am becoming my new, healthier choices.

Directions: Read each statement while Tapping on the suggested Meridian End Point, repeat as needed. Try to do it once a day for a week and see what happens. A good way to do this is first write down how you feel about each statement and a week later after Tapping on it see how those feelings have changed for the better.


1. Even though I became isolated and afraid of other people and authority figures, I now feel comfortable and involved with people and authority figures. (Karate Chop)

2. Even though I became an approval seeker and lost my own identity in the process, I now have a strong identity and give myself approval. (Eyebrow)

3. Even though I am frightened by angry people and any personal criticism, I now accept and use personal criticism in a positive way. (Side of Eye)

4. Even though I either became an alcoholic/addict/codependent, married them, or both, or find other compulsive personalities, such as a workaholic, to fill my sick abandonment needs, I am now free from trying to fulfill my sick abandonment needs, I now fulfill my wellness needs. (Under Eye)

5. Even though I live life from the viewpoint of victim and am attracted by that weakness in my love and friendship relationships, as I face my own victim role, I am now attracted by strengths and I understand weaknesses in my love and friendship relationships. (Under Nose)

6. Even though I have an overdeveloped sense of responsibility and it is easier for me to be concerned with others rather than myself which enables me not to look too closely at my own faults, I am now responsible for my own recovery and wellness which I do by loving and focusing on myself. (Chin)

7. Even though I get guilt feelings when I stand up for myself instead of giving in to others, it now feels great to stand up for myself. (Collarbone)

8. Even though I become addicted to excitement, I now enjoy peaceful serenity. (Right Rib)

9. Even though I confuse love with pity and tend to ‘love’ people who I can ‘pity’ and ‘rescue’, I now love people who love and take care of themselves. (Under Arm)

10. Even though I have stuffed my feelings from my traumatic childhood and have lost the ability to feel or express my feelings because it hurts so much (denial), I am now free to feel and express my feelings even when painful. (Thumb)

11. Even though I judge myself harshly and have a very low sense of self-esteem, I now have a healthy sense of self-esteem. (First Finger)

12. Even though I am a dependent personality who is terrified of abandonment and will do anything to hold onto a relationship in order not to experience painful abandonment feelings which I received from living with sick people who were never there emotionally for me, I am now free from abandonment and fear in relationships as I rely more and more on my Higher Power. (Middle Finger)

13. Even though Alcoholism is a family disease and I became a codependent and took on the characteristics of the disease, I now examine and release codependent behaviors I learned while living with the family disease of alcoholism. (Ring Finger)

14. Even though codependents are reactors rather than actors, I now choose to review my options before I act and I choose actions based on recovery and wellness. (Little Finger)

TO YOUR RECOVERY!!!!!
JP Bailey, MA

No comments:

Post a Comment