Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tapping for Codependency Recovery



Tapping for Codependency Recovery using Meridian Energy Tapping

The 14 Recovery Statements (aka Cleaning Up the Laundry List with E.F.T.!)
1. Even though I became isolated and afraid of other people and authority figures, I now feel comfortable and involved with people and authority figures. I am an authority on myself. (KC)
2. Even though I became an approval seeker and lost my own identity in the process, I now have a strong identity and give myself approval. (EB)

3. Even though I am frightened by angry people and any personal criticism, I now have strength to accept other people's feelings and use personal criticism in a positive way. (SE)

4. Even though I either became an addict/codependent, married them, or both, or find other compulsive personalities, such as a workaholic, to fill my sick abandonment needs, I am now committed to myself and to fulfilling my needs to be well. (UE)

5. Even though I live life from the viewpoint of victim and am attracted by that weakness in my love and friendship relationships, as I face my own victim role, I am now attracted by strengths and I understand weaknesses in my love and friendship relationships. (UN)

6. Even though I have an overdeveloped sense of responsibility and it is easier for me to be concerned with others rather than myself which enables me not to look too closely at my own faults, I am now responsible for my own recovery and wellness which I do by loving and focusing on myself. (CH)

7. Even though I get guilt feelings when I stand up for myself instead of giving in to others, I am now empowered to stand up for myself and not give in to others. (CB)

8. Even though I become addicted to excitement, I now enjoy peaceful serenity and healthy activity while I seek balance and wellness one day at a time. (UA)

9. Even though I confuse love with pity and tend to 'love' people who I can 'pity' and 'rescue', I now love people who love and take care of themselves. (RR)

10. Even though I have stuffed my feelings from my traumatic childhood and have lost the ability to feel or express my feelings because it hurts so much (denial), I am now free to feel and express my feelings even when painful (acceptance). (TH)

11. Even though I judge myself harshly and have a very low sense of self-esteem, I now love and accept myself and have a healthy sense of self-esteem. (FF)

12. Even though I am a codependent personality who is terrified of abandonment and will do anything to hold onto a relationship in order not to experience painful abandonment feelings which I received from living with sick people who were never there emotionally for me, I am now free from abandonment and fear in relationships as I rely more and more on my Higher Power and participate in supportive relationships. (MF)

13. Even though codependency is a family disease and I became a codependent and took on the characteristics of the disease, I now examine and release codependent behaviors I learned while living with the family disease of codependency. (RF)

14. Even though codependents are reactors rather than actors, I now choose to review my options before I act and I choose actions based on recovery and wellness. (LF)
By JP Bailey, MA

No comments:

Post a Comment