Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Tapping on Emotional Abuse Issues for Codependent Relationships Using EFT

Welcome to Recovery Tapping...

 - Tap Out of Fear and Into Choices -


Tapping on Emotional Abuse Issues for Codependent Relationships Using EFT

In my book I go into this further with tons of tapping statements that are very specific for just about every aspect of this I could find in my 20 year long journey. Researching, reading, collecting from every source I could think of. (Laugh, sigh...)... I remember the piles of books all over the living room floor. It was like walking through a maze.)

Today I thought I'd blog about some of my Best Stuff for those that might need it.  After all, the holidays are coming...

This is written for people who already use Tapping on their emotional issues. It's nice to do a round on something that's already written out. I put this one together for you. (For more on "how to Tap" please see my book below my signature at the end of this post.)

We're going to go through 2 Short-Cut Rounds just to clear any initial charge. No one is trying to get anyone worked up in a shocking story of abuse online. The whole point of Tapping is to calm your racing heart and mind, remind you to take deep breaths.

After the 2 Rounds below I'll say a few words and wrap it up so you can go on to having your Great Day!

Ok, ready to dive in and try it out?

Let's Get This Party Started!

---First: Identify the problem/feeling/issue/thought/belief

When you think of the words as you even read this phrase; "emotional abuse issues", what feeling comes up for you?

Note: [IF you get a big charge, you could start tapping on your chest-bone, center of chest, a few times. The Thymus point. And breathe.]

Go ahead and give that feeling a name or short description. 

---Second: Rate the SUDS


---Third: Start TAPPING

KC - Even Though I'm feeling (what you identified above), I love, accept, forgive and approve of Myself.

KC - Even Though I'm feeling/thinking/have this problem, I Love, Accept, Forgive and Approve of Myself.

KC - EVEN THOUGH, I'm feeling/thinking/believing/experienceing this problem,  I Deeply and Completely, Love, Accept, Forgive & Approve of MYSELF.

Breathe

EB - I feel/think this (feeling, problem, etc.)
SE - I feel/think this (repeat)
UE - I feel/think this or that (repeat)
UN - I feel/think this - feeling/problem, whatever comes to mind about it
CH - I feel think this - (repeat)
CB - I feel think this - (feeling, problem, etc.)
UA - I feel think this - feeling/thought, problem, whatever comes to mind

Top of Head - I'm willing to release it

EB - I feel this about this
SE - That makes me think this about it
UE - That makes me feel this about it
UN - That makes me feel this and that
CH - I think maybe this or that about it
CB - That makes me feel (this or that)

Top of Head - I'm releasing this now

Lift your hand up and off your hand like your throwing an air frisbie up and out into the ethers.

Let both your hands drop out in front of you and shake them off a little bit

Take a deep breath. In, and out.

---Fourth:  Tune back into the problem and rate your suds number again, 1 - 10

If its still a high number, than you can do more short cut rounds, or you can stop here and basically go do a full round as you usually would.

But for a number that has gone down 'good enough' for now, its time to...

---Fifth:  Tap IN Recovery/Healing/Empowerment Statements!

My favorite part...

KC - I now affirm today, that loving myself brings me happiness and fulfillment
KC - I now affirm today, that loving myself brings me happiness and fulfillment
KC - I now affirm today, that loving myself brings me happiness and fulfillment

EB - It's safe to love myself
SE - I deserve to love myself
UE - I'm entitled to love myself
UN - I am allowing more and more love into my life
CH - My life overflows with love and support
CB - I can trust my Higher Love always loves me
UA - Because I love myself I can love others

Top of Head - I welcome love into my life

KC - I now intend to go within and fill up with love
KC - I now intend to go within and fill up with love
KC - I now intend to go within and fill up with love

EB - I Embrace and trust a Higher/Inner Love
SE - I Address issues when they come up
UE - I Trust and know I have the ability to take good care of myself
UN - I Break the spell, clear the contracts, recant the vows and release old patters!
CH - I Love myself, I Empower myself
CB - I Heal myself, I Protect myself
UA - I Plan enjoyable, self-enhancing activities that I want to do today

Top of Head -  I Step into and own loving myself

Hand off and up. Shake both hands out.

Breathe

Smile

Take a sip of water

And turn yourself about... lol... just kidding.

You can however turn on your favorite music and Dance it in. Get funky with it. I like to listen to Pink's "Get The Party Started". (See "Older Posts" for this Music Video!)

Dance it in. Dance in your chair. Assume a confident posture.

Put your hands on your hips, head high and decide what you're going to do today....FOR YOU.

Rinse and Repeat as needed or even use daily for awhile.

~ JP ~



J.P.Bailey, MA, EFT-CC Emotional Freedom Coach
Author: EFT For Coda Book on Kindle (click here)

No comments:

Post a Comment