Sunday, June 5, 2016

Complex Trauma

Welcome to Recovery Tapping - Tap Out of Fear and Into Choices - J.P.Bailey, MA, EFT-CC

Recently, I was talking to one of my students about the new book I'm reading called, "Complex PTSD - From Surviving to Thriving" .

I can't put it down because its putting words to so many familiar things about emotional flashbacks - heck, it even puts the term "emotional flashbacks" out there and clearly explains them.

It really explains the inner critic and how we have so many inner and outer triggers that we ever knew about before.

I can relate to that because before I realized these things I went through were 'flashbacks', I  just blamed myself (which is what emotional flashbacks are: feeling bad for no reason), for not being more recovered instead of seeing the cycle we are subject to.

But in this new book, you see them clearly.  I can't put it down and practically every page has lines highlighted or underlined.

I love the back section where it lists 9 Toolboxes for dealing with CPTSD issues.

Everyone with codependency issues should learn about CPTSD, I think the terms are practically interchangeable, just a sign of the times for the issue to evolve.

But more importantly, I think its important to learn about this new framework of "emotional flashbacks" and take it a step further into recovery tapping, by Tapping on emotional flashbacks and seeing how this improves recovery from them.

I'd love for this to be my new project. So every time I notice myself going into a fear, shame, or even depressed dip, I am going to Tap on it as if it is an emotional flashback and Tap in self-compassion once I Tap out the or self-criticism.

Or even if I get triggered by someone else and feel the sting of thinking other people are adding to my own self critic, of seeing other people as looking down on me, I will Tap on that as if it was a flashback, and then Tap into both self-compassion and self-protection and banish the self critic and put the anger and disgust feelings on the people who abandoned me, and then made me feel like it was my fault.  Being codependent means we were affected by someone elses addiction, and that's being abandoned, but we don't talk about abandonment enough to clear it up. It hides in these flashbacks where we've learned to abandon ourselves.

In addition to Tapping, I also do a powerful somatic mindfulness techniques and mix it in with some NLP and Timeline to fully clear the issue and activate my actions toward things that are better for me and activate the things I really want instead.

I'm also reading another book on Developmental Trauma, and I'm still finishing up "The Body Keeps The Score" another book on trauma.  So my thoughts will be developing as I go along and keep practicing on Tapping and Clearing the Emotional Flashback times and see what exciting things happen as a result.

Every time I've set my mind to Tap on a certain issue or area, as a result of doing so, some big things would change and transform in my life, including building my practice, writing a book and finding my soul mate and landing my dream job.  So its always exciting to find another set of aspects to Tap on

We're never done yet. Its an ongoing growth process so when you think you should be done by now - THAT is an emotional flashback, you're flashing back to a time you were always wrong which is not the facts or the case.









Emotional Freedom Coach www.RecoveryTapping.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment